The Seventh String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury)

4 posters

Go down

Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury) Empty Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury)

Post by MandoSquirrel Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Been listening to the Traveling Wilburys lately. Note the rocker with guitar subbing for the late Roy Orbison(Lefty Wilbury)

Last edited by MandoSquirrel on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury) Empty Re: Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury)

Post by MandoSquirrel Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 pm

MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury) Empty Re: Five buddies plus Jim Keltner(Buster Sidebury)

Post by MandoSquirrel Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:27 pm

MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:24 pm

These guys show you what music is all about. Get together with a group of your buddies and go for it.
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Yeah; 5 good buddies who all happen to be master songwriters, excellent players, and one of the best voices in the history of rock. Just hanging out and having fun! Love to hear Roy(Lefty) blend with George(Nelson) and Jeff(Otis).
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:21 am

It looks like I need to meet some new friends. At this point I don't know anybody named Lefty, Nelson or Otis, or for that matter anyone nearly as talented. I don't know about your friends, but seriously, could you imagine the fun it would be to be part of a group like that? I guess I'll keep practicing! Smile
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:00 pm

I had a couple of friends back home that were pretty good, but nothing like this.
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegaman Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Love the Wilbury's. Anyone see the new documentary about George on Showtime (I think)? It us awesome. Miss George a lot. Super cool dude he was. And a bad ass slide player.
Omegaman
Omegaman
Admin

https://7thstring.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Haven't seen the documentary. The thing I always admired about George was the way he didin't let his celebrity get in the way of him as a person. He seemed to be a pretty down to earth, humble guy. I think in the post Beatles days he showed the most talent of the 4 of them. The Wilbury's are great!
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegaman Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 pm

gtrbill wrote:Haven't seen the documentary. The thing I always admired about George was the way he didin't let his celebrity get in the way of him as a person. He seemed to be a pretty down to earth, humble guy. I think in the post Beatles days he showed the most talent of the 4 of them. The Wilbury's are great!

I second that about George all the way. Like a Star @ heaven
Omegaman
Omegaman
Admin

https://7thstring.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

The George Docu. is at least two parts; I saw most, if not all, of part one, & I think at least the last half of the final, including the Wilbury stuff.

Unfortunately, my Traveling Wilburys CD was in my vehicle when it was stolen yesterday. Sad
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Good news, my Wilburys CD was in the CD changer when it was stolen AND recovered! Cool The jewel case for the CD, & the info foldout are missing, though, along with a dozen or two CDs. Evil or Very Mad
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:41 am

That helps! rabbit
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm

gtrbill wrote:That helps! rabbit
Some.
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm

So, I only had the 1st CD, &, since the cover & notes were now missing, I've now purchased the Deluxe box, with both CDs & a DVD with the documentary & all the musio videos. Too bad they never did any live shows as a band, but Roy(Lefty) died too soon anyway, I guess.
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ffinke Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 pm

I wish they could have stayed together but without Roy and George it just wouldn't be the same, would it? What a terrific assemblage of talent!

ffinke

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 am

Tom Petty and Jeff Lynn along with George's son Dahni did some Traveling Wilbury's at the Concert for George tribute. They were'nt bad, but you couldn't help but miss the other voices.
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, I've seen some vids on UTub with surviving Wilburys, but it's not at all the same without those two distinctive voices, & George's guitar, no matter how good Jeff Lynne is.(and how much Dahni sounds & looks like his dad!)
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum