The Seventh String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen Guitars (and Mandolin)

2 posters

Go down

Stolen Guitars (and Mandolin) Empty Stolen Guitars (and Mandolin)

Post by Albee Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello All. I have just joined the forum. I have been a Breedlove owner since 1998. I am not sure why I am drawn to these guitars so much...I think it is because they are such multi-dimensional works of art - visual, aural, functional. Truly beautiful instruments.

I had built up quite a collection over the years. Unfortunately, several were stolen on December 19th, 2011 in Northern California. Here is the complete list of instruments that were stolen:

1. Breedlove 2003 CM-R Acoustic SN 6204
2. Breedlove 1996 SC/W Acoustic SN 96-195
3. Breedlove 2008 Mark IV Trans Electric Black (SN Unknown but there are identifying features)
4. Breedlove Mark IV Production Prototype Electric Red (No SN but there are identifying features)
5. Breedlove Mark II Production Prototype Electric Black (No SN but there are identifying features)
6. Breedlove 2003 Quartz KO Mandolin Black SN 5700
7. Hofner Club 50 Semi Hollow Electric Reissue Prototype SN 001
8. Rickenbacker 1991 620 Electric White SN C48776
9. Rickenbacker 1991 620-12 Electric JetGlo SN A49925

All of the instruments were taken without cases. I am not holding out much hope for getting them back. I think I am just looking for sympathy from others who know what a loss this was.

Albee

Back to top Go down

Stolen Guitars (and Mandolin) Empty Re: Stolen Guitars (and Mandolin)

Post by MandoSquirrel Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm

You certainly have my sympathy; my Breedlove Cascade & my most treasured possession, 80 - 90 year old Victoria(pre-Kay) mandolin were stolen Oct. 18, 2011. The Breed Cascade was returned by the detective two days later, but I guess Victoria's gone to stay; I'd had her since 1884

I hope yours come. home, & the perps rot & pay.
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down