The Seventh String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents

+3
MLT
MandoSquirrel
WileE
7 posters

Go down

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Empty One of My Favorite Christmas Presents

Post by WileE Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

I received this CooperStand for Christmas this year. I really wish that I'd invented it. It's wood, folds up, fits under the head stock area in a guitar case, and it works well for guitars and mandolins.

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01715

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01716

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01717
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Empty Re: One of My Favorite Christmas Presents

Post by MandoSquirrel Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:47 pm

That's the one I need! Congrats, Santa must like you.
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Empty Re: One of My Favorite Christmas Presents

Post by MLT Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:31 pm

WileE,

Santa was very good to you. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year too! When it is folded what are the dimensions--a mando case isn't as big a guitar case so this would need to be packed separately.

MLT.
MLT
MLT

Back to top Go down

Post by WileE Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 am

MLT wrote:WileE,

Santa was very good to you. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year too! When it is folded what are the dimensions--a mando case isn't as big a guitar case so this would need to be packed separately.

MLT.

It's about 9" x 4.5" x 1.75" and comes with a velvet pouch. And, you're right, it doesn't fit in a fitted mandolin case -- at least not mine.
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Empty That stand is...

Post by Tom Bombadil Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

...slick. Would venture to say a must have in the traveling guitar's case.
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tele Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 pm

I some how missed this post WileE! I was playing in Florida a couple of months ago, and a friend of mine had one. I didnt even give it a second look at the time, but I picked one up a few weeks ago. Very cool, but even though it fits in the headstock compartment, I wont put mine there. I dont want that thing flopping around hitting the headstock. So small you can stash it in your laptop bag or wherever. BTW, this stand is MORE stable than your standard tubular guitar stand. I "Tele Tested" it. Very cool.
Tele
Tele

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkBradfordMusic

Back to top Go down

Post by MLT Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:31 pm

I got one as well. I brought it with me to Los Angeles. It works great for mandolins too.
MLT
MLT

Back to top Go down

Post by WileE Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Tele wrote:I some how missed this post WileE! I was playing in Florida a couple of months ago, and a friend of mine had one. I didnt even give it a second look at the time, but I picked one up a few weeks ago. Very cool, but even though it fits in the headstock compartment, I wont put mine there. I dont want that thing flopping around hitting the headstock. So small you can stash it in your laptop bag or wherever. BTW, this stand is MORE stable than your standard tubular guitar stand. I "Tele Tested" it. Very cool.

Yeah, I generally put a towel in between the stand bag and the headstock or put it in a gigbag (bought an Access Stage 3 gigbag last year that is great -- it's the bag that Breedlove used originally).

WileE
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

Post by WileE Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm

MLT wrote:I got one as well. I brought it with me to Los Angeles. It works great for mandolins too.

Nice! Did you put it in a case or bag with the mando or carry it separately?

WileE
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

Post by Melodeous Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Good looking display stand. Looks a bit weighty.
Melodeous
Melodeous

Back to top Go down

Post by WileE Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:43 am

Melodeous wrote:Good looking display stand. Looks a bit weighty.

Mine is just under 14 ounces -- not too bad.

WileE
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

Post by ragtime man Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 am

How about a picture of it straight on and from behind? I would like to see what it looks like from all angles.
ragtime man
ragtime man
ragtime man

Back to top Go down

Post by ragtime man Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 am

Oh ya, a couple more things. What is it covered with? I mean the black parts are they felt, rubber or some kind of plastic? Do they come in different woods or different finishes? I need something that gets me out of the metal stands I am using. I plan to hang some of the guitars on the walls but my brass rosophonic will be to heavy I think for the wall.
ragtime man
ragtime man
ragtime man

Back to top Go down

Post by WileE Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:31 pm

ragtime man wrote:Oh ya, a couple more things. What is it covered with? I mean the black parts are they felt, rubber or some kind of plastic? Do they come in different woods or different finishes? I need something that gets me out of the metal stands I am using. I plan to hang some of the guitars on the walls but my brass rosophonic will be to heavy I think for the wall.
ragtime man

Argh, second post that I've lost today...

Anyway, Rags, the part that touches the guitar is a closed cell neoprene. They have an eco-friendly recycled plastic version and a smaller one. Their website is: http://www.cooperstand.com/

Here's a front view.
One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01917

Rear view.

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01918

Close-up of padding.

One of My Favorite Christmas Presents Dsc01919
WileE
WileE

Back to top Go down

Post by ragtime man Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks WileE. It looks strong enough to hold my National Resophonic without any problem. I will have to check at one of the local music shops and see if they are carrying it yet.

ragtime man
ragtime man
ragtime man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down