The Seventh String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a sneak peek.................................

5 posters

Go down

Just a sneak peek................................. Empty Just a sneak peek.................................

Post by Tele Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

Just a sneak peek................................. Front_11

at a new small luthier hand made on the way.......................
Tele
Tele

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkBradfordMusic

Back to top Go down

Just a sneak peek................................. Empty Re: Just a sneak peek.................................

Post by Tele Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Just checked-it's up by Mr. Bombaldi right now. Two days away.
Tele
Tele

Back to top Go down

Just a sneak peek................................. Empty Re: Just a sneak peek.................................

Post by ragtime man Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Is it coming from Washington by chance?

Love the rosette.

Let us know what she sounds like.

I will be leaving to visit family for a bit but will try to check in if service is available. I want to know the details please.
ragtime man
ragtime man
ragtime man

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Looks interesting!
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 am

I hope it sounds as good as it looks. I also like the rosette - very original. Same thing with the bridge. What type of woods for the back and sides?

The next two days will probably feel like an eternity!
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tele Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 am

Rags- No, from North Dakota. I'll post the details after I've had it a day or so.

gtrbill- You know, I dont really get all worked up about it until I actually have it. Just the way I'm hooked up I suppose. The back and sides are Walnut. I was looking for a guitar with these woods since I picked up my Breedlove 12'er that has the same woods.
Tele
Tele

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 am

One word - Beautiful!
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tele Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am

Here is a shot of the back for you.

[img]https://7thstring.forumotion.com/Just a sneak peek................................. Back10[/img]
Tele
Tele

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Maybe two words - Really Beautiful!
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by MandoSquirrel Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Loves the walnut; usually sounds GOOd with a capital OOD!
MandoSquirrel
MandoSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tele Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Delivered about an hour ago. It wont have to acclimate long as its been in a nearby facility since yesteday evening. Its 72 and slight rain here today. Great guitar delivery weather. Here is some more info. It's a OM size guitar.

• top: sitka Spruce
  • sides and Back: Figured Walnut
  • Neck: Maple
  • Tuners: Gotoh
  • Fingerboard: Bois de Rose

Scale: 25.25"
Width of neck at nut: 1 7/8"
Saddle: 2.25"
overall length 40"
body length 19.5"
upper bout 11 1/4"
lower bout 15 1/4"
body depth 3 1/8" and 4"
Tele
Tele

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrbill Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

I had to look up the wood for the fingerboard. Here's what i found .....

BOIS DE ROSE

botanical name unknown
There are at least 2 dozen species from a dozen genera that have bois de rose as all or part of one or more of their common names, and since the term simply means "wood that is red", I find it quite surprizing that there are not dozens more.

HOWEVER, in the USA, it is generally used to mean madagascar rosewood (which itself consists of several species of the genus Dalbergia), which is widely used by luthiers. I believe that most or even all of the pics on this page are of madagascar rosewood and I may merge this page with that page at some point. I do note that most/all of the woods shown on this page are purple whereas those on the Madagascar rosewood page show a more reasonable range of color.

web pics:

Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%20logs%201%20web
log sections

Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%208%20web
plank

Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%201%20s50%20q60%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%203%20s50%20q60%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%204%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%205%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%206%20s50%20q60%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%207%20s50%20q60%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%209%20web Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%20bm%20sets%201%20s50%20q60%20web
turning stock

Just a sneak peek................................. Bois%20de%20rose%20guitar%20set%201%20s50%20q60%20web
scales

Pretty fancy stuff! Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.
gtrbill
gtrbill

Back to top Go down

Post by ffinke Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 am

Is that from a different builder than the one you had last year about this time? It sure is a nice looking guitar, that's for sure!!!

ffinke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tele Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Hey Fred,

Yes, it is a different luthier. Thanks, it sure is a looker! Sounds pretty good too!
Tele
Tele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum